GUITAR FX PROCESSOR
So, what's the purpose of this little proggy? Well, the answer
is simple: It simulates those multi-effects pedals for e-guitar.
Yes, for now it doesn't have GUI and you must edit source code
to change any effect parameter (I'll try to design a nice GUI
when I get some free time). If you don't find that very frustrating
maybe this program will make you happy.
thanks to Petr Matousek for these improvements:
- now it's possible to turn effects on/off while playing with number keys
- added new kind of distortion (Petr's advice is to try "./play distortion chorus echo")
some minor changes:
- switched back to OSS until ALSA API gets solid
(be warned: OSS code is really quick'n'dirty)
- bandpass filters (for wahwah and phasor) now work by simulating simple LC circuit
thanks to Maarten de Boer for these improvements:
- now you can simply make your own effect chains using command line
(for example: "./play monitor phasor chorus")
- program is now ALSA 0.4.1 compatible
- first release
- works with ALSA 0.3.1
- 16bit full-duplex soundcard
- Properly configured OSS drivers
- Fender Strat or compatible (har har)
- Tremolo (amplitude modulation)
- Vibrato (frequency modulation)
- Track recorder & player
- Create GUI
- Create stereo reverb
Links to (in my opinion) great real-time fx processors for linux:
- ELE - this
program really kicks ass! Sounds great with guitar!
- Stompboxes - this one
is also cool! I like some effects here, especially the chorus!
Looking for cool linux audio site?
Try Sound & MIDI
Software For Linux
Webmaster: Marin Vlah